Garrett Historical Society
Garrett is a coal town on KY 7/80 and the Right Fork of Beaver Creek, located 19 miles south of Prestonsburg, Kentucky. It was founded around 1914 as an Elk Horn Coal Company town. Garrett was named for the brothers John and Robert Garrett, Baltimore bankers and coal company financiers. The town's original name was "Ballard" after Mary (Carter) Estep's brother, Ballard Carter.
Please select a collection from the Garrett Historical Society at the right.