Garrett Under Construction

Title

Garrett Under Construction

Description

Company store, 104 duplexes, and 13 single family houses. All houses had electricity and were heated by gas, but did not have indoor plumbing.

Founded by the Elk Horn Coal Company, the town name was changed from "Ballard" to "Garrett" in 1914, for John and Robert Garrett, brothers that were Baltimore bankers and coal company financiers.

Date

Aug. 13, 1914

Rights

Submitted by Randy Bentley/Garrett Historical

Files

https://s3.amazonaws.com/omeka-net/24311/archive/files/47d7579507c2006c3c50604b14168b32.jpg

Collection

Tags

Citation

“Garrett Under Construction,” Floyd County History Collection, accessed September 19, 2017, http://history.fclib.org/items/show/54.

Social Bookmarking

Comments