Garrett School, 1920s

Title

Garrett School, 1920s

Description

This is Garrett School when it was in the Stone Coal Old Regular Church (built in 1808) at Baptist Bottom. The building was used as a church on Sunday and a school through the week.

The only two people known in this photo are professor William Roscoe Thomas (the gentleman in the door with the short tie and long mustache) and Crit Conley (the gentleman in the back row on right of door with tie).

Date

ca 1920s

Rights

Randy Bentley / Annis Clark / Garrett Historical

Files

GarrettSchoolatStoneCoalOldRegularChurch1920s.jpg

Citation

“Garrett School, 1920s,” Floyd County History Collection, accessed June 18, 2024, http://history.fclib.org/items/show/6468.